aluminium generators

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: aluminium generators
From: FPS3@aol.com
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 12:51:49 EDT
Several years ago I saw an aluminum case for a Mini Generator. Not sure if it
was for a functional generator or just to hold a turned down armature for the
belt..

Can anyone tell me if an aluminium case will work on a generator and starter?
I asked a repair shop and they said no problem... probably. Not 100% sure
though

Looks like a fun lathe project... maybe even fin it for looks. Before I
commit though, I'd like to know if it will work or if the heavy Iron is
needed..

Anyone help??

Fred Sisson