Re: The Morgan EXPERTS PANEL

To: Ed Herman <edherman@concentric.net>, morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The Morgan EXPERTS PANEL
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 13:50:54 -0400
At 08:16 AM 9/15/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Lorne,
>    I have a question for the panel.  I took the starter, from my 58
>DHC, a TR 3, to a well respected repair shop her in Baltimore. They have
>no records on and thing past the 1960s.  How do we get the old Morgan
>stuff repaired in original condition? What should we be looking for when
>we have a minor repair?

Ed,

  According to my TR3 manual your starter is a Lucas M418G and intertia
drive type (see article on starters on Morgan web page). There are 2
types the "eclipse" and the "S" types.  From what I can tell alot of the
parts for the casings are interchangable (but not the armatures).  The only
visable difference is that the "Eclipse" has a hood over the and the actual
drive mech is different.

The Brushes are Lucas 255659 (for both).  What do you need for it?  I don't
have any parts, but do have some info on them.

John

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1109)
71 Saab Sonett III (71500840)    75 Bricklin SV1 (0887)    77 Spitfire

Morgan: www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin: www.bricklin.org