RE: lube question

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: lube question
From: Phil Roettjer <Phil.Roettjer@quantum.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 11:40:29 -0700
Kat,
I use a good quality lube that you can buy at any parts house. It is the
same grease that I use for wheel  bearings and for the front sliding pillar
suspension. You will just need a grease gun that  you can also buy at the
local parts store. I use one with a flexible line since I find I can get
into tighter spots with it than one with a solid tube. I believe there are
two, maybe three grease fittings on the pedal assembly. You can see one or
two of them when you look at the base of the pedals from inside the foot
well, and I believe you can assess one from under the car. Just pump grease
in until you see it oozing out some place and then wipe off the excess.

If the pedal pivot points have not been lubed in a long time the one effect
is that the brake lights will come on every time you push in the clutch and
that becomes annoying for people following you. Although it is a good way to
keep tale gaters at a distance.

Good luck,
Phil Roettjer
67 +4