Lime Rock vintage races

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lime Rock vintage races
From: "Stuart J. Ross" <stuross@nac.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 08:47:29 -0400
There were several Morgans on the track at Lime Rock on Saturday for the
qualifying races for the vintage festival. I hope they don't get rained out
on Monday (No racing there on Sunday.) I didn't get all of the names of the
drivers, but I know a few from my club memberships. Craig Seibert had his
+8, Chris Towner (with his training wheels attached) drove his trike. There
was a 2nd (yellow) trike, driver unknown. Tom Fair's #29 Plus Four looked
like TOK with it's brg body and white top. There was a two-tone green +4 and
a red/black +4 as well. John Evans from the Three/Four club had an XK-120 on
the track this year. There was one MOG I saw in the parking lot. NY plates
"PLUSFOUR". I'll have to look in the directory for the owner's name. Several
Three/Four Group members were in the crowd. Saturday's weather was perfect,
but the remnants of hurricane Dennis are spreading north into the area and
Monday looks to be wet.
Anyway, the Morgan marque was well represented at this year's vintage racing
at Lime Rock. Lime Rock track is in NW Connecticut, about 100 miles from NY
city. It is quite near Morgan Spares and was only a few miles from the old
shop when Bob Couch ran the East Coast operation. I saw Linda & Larry during
my stroll 'round the pit area. They had just returned from Pebble Beach and
all the Morgan fun on the "left coast". The Three/Four group is holding
Autumn Mog in October, back in Lime Rock in connection with the later
vintage race event. That's not as well attended as this fall festival, and
the word is that we will get to drive on the track after the racing ends. I
hope that's true. There should be some announcement about Autumn Mog posted
on this list soon provided through Joe deLuca from the 3/4 Group. Stay
tuned.