Re: squeak, pillar lubrication

To: BradFarr@aol.com
Subject: Re: squeak, pillar lubrication
From: Dave.Vodden@uk.ecitele.com
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 08:02:31 +0000

Brad

The measure of over use is the extent of the oil on the floor!!  Maybe you
have one side blocked.  It is just this unevenness that caused me to
investigate further and stop using the one shot altogether although it
remains in place unmodified.

BTW last night was front end greasing night. One side took just 12 shots
and the other took 30, then I found that it had been seeping out round the
rebound spring at the back where I couldn't see it rather than at the top
where it has always come out before.  So maybe 30 is more than would
usually be needed.

Dave Vodden
1992 Plus 4
Hampshire UK

BradFarr@aol.com@autox.team.net on 01/09/99 20:46:03

Please respond to BradFarr@aol.com

Sent by:  owner-morgans@autox.team.net

cc:   morgans@autox.team.net

In a message dated 8/31/99 9:57:55 AM, Dave.Vodden@uk.ecitele.com writes:

>Make sure you get plenty in there, keep pumping 'til
>you see it coming out of the top between the springs;  I find that can
>be
>30 or so shots on my grease gun

On the right side I find the suspension components liberally coated with
oil
(or grease that is thinned). The left side is much cleaner. Does this mean
should put more grease in the left side (I've never done 30 pumps on my
grease gun), or does it merely indicate over usage of the one-shot oiler?
Thanks,
Brad