Re: squeak

To: "TrmpetDave@aol.com" <TrmpetDave@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: squeak
From: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 99 18:02:12 -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

> Date: Monday, 30-Aug-99 11:59 PM
>
> From: TrmpetDave@aol.com       \ America Online: (TRMPETDAVE)

> for the last few months I have noticed a fairy loud squeak from the front
end
> when the front suspension is exercised, for example, one wheel hitting the

> incline of my driveway. It is like a gate with a rusty hing being moved to
 and
> fro........> chassis-frame interfaces creaking.

I would check for chassis  cracks  or cracks on the fender valance. You
might have to  wipe both areas clean ( WD 40 works well ) to find the cracks
.
 I had a similar noise once and  traced it to a crack that was barely
visible  when the car was sitting level .

Bob Nogueira