RE: Conmogcon

To: "'morgans@autox.team.net'" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Conmogcon
From: "Blair, John" <JBlair@scn.spawar.navy.mil>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 08:22:54 -0400
  I kind of agree on the DC club.  I personally have felt that over the
years, in the US there
Were 2 major clubs: MCCDC and +4 club of So. Ca.  I've belonged to both over
the years.

However some 5 years ago or so, I wrote the officers of MCCDC and told them
that they had
Lost sight of their members.  They had over 450 members, of which only about
50 lived in
The Metro DC/MD/VA... area.  However, they had become a "local" club and the
Rough Rider,
The mag. Had become nothing more that the latest beer bash report.  This
didn't do much for
The other 400 members of the club.  The last time I saw a roster published
by them was in
88, the last budget was in about 88.  As a member, I wondered where my money
went?  I
wanted the ability to contact other owners in other places, etc.

When several of my comments appeared to fall on deaf ears, I opted to vote
with my dues.
I quit paying them and left the club.

John

John T. Blair
jblair@scn.spawar.navy.mil
SPAWARSYSCEN Chesapeake
Chesapeake, VA                                 (757) 523-8133