Happiness

To: "Morgan List" <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Happiness
From: "Ross Jones" <rossjones@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 20:45:40 -0400
Drove my 1987 4/4 from Lancaster to Philadelphia today (approx. 180 miles
roundtrip) and had a great time. After adjusting the clutch, the car
performed like new. The speed limit on the Penna. Turnpike is 65 MPH, so I
kept her at about 75 the whole way down and back. Occasionally I had to get
past a bunch of tractor trailers, so I hit 90 MPH. Car ran smooth and
clean... better than my 1993 Dodge Stealth, or my company car, a cheap
Oldsmobile.

I was in heaven! Even bought a six-pack of Rolling Rock for the trip back,
and drank half of it without seeing another car in sight. The 4/4 performs
magnificently on the turnpike. My only problem is lighting up a cig.

I am required to make this trip twice a week, and lately I have been using
the Morgan, due to the great weather here in the NE. If I keep it up,
however, they will take away my company car, the shitty 1998 Olds.

Have come to the realization that one must tighten every nut at least once
every two weeks or once every 1,000 miles. When I arrived in Philly, I
noticed that the "aero" wings I had installed were barely still connected.
Tightened them for the trip home. Then in my garage I found a small (maybe
11 mm. nut) on the floor. Don't know where this came loose from, but I guess
that's part of the Morgan experience.

As a Morgan newbie, I have had the best Spring and Summer of my life,
doubling the miles on the 1987 4/4 in less than five months. I drive it
everyday without a problem, and love it! My wife is definitely jealous, and
accussses me of loving the car more than her. I explained it is just a
machine, except it looks as good now as when it was born!