Re: for Joe Deluca and all the clubs

To: CHarris990@aol.com
Subject: Re: for Joe Deluca and all the clubs
From: " LMG@GoMoG " <gomog@angelfire.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 09:49:43 -0400
---
LMG
GoMoG at
http://www.angelfire.com/mi/GoMoG/

On Mon, 9 Aug 1999 23:36:26    CHarris990 wrote:

Why not just join the MSSC?  The Texas clubs are
members and TexMog is one of the centers.  We will be
 glad to provide any information you require.  If you
really need to send lots of money to someone, Bill
 Boyles our hereditary treasurer will be glad to join
 you up, then besides the Miscellany you can receive
 our award winning publication the Mog Log.  This will
 also give you a right to accept Bob Nogureas case of
 beer bets, (bet I can get to Tierra del Fuega before
 you can, bet I won't have as many flats as you if we
 make a lightning Alaska run, etc.).

Harris

Hi,

For quite a while Tony's Morgan Registry, John Blair's
site and the GoMoG site get as many daily hits as all
other Morgan sites put together or approximately 30
times the MSSC site this week. By word count alone, the
 three sites would swamp a ten years' worth of MSSC's
 Miscellany issues  ..and there are no ads.

It also goes without saying that this List is active
 and valuable..and it too is free.

This all costs the Morgan Community here nothing... but
 we could do even better with a little help.

With that in mind, is it a fine idea to keep paying
70US to MSSC? MSSC dues resources are enormous compared
 to any North American club or all of us combined for
that matter. Yet those resources satisfy our community
less than 1 time in 30 compared to the free resources
offered by our home grown enthusiasts in North America?

In spite of its present problems,MSSC has a vital place
 in the Morgan community overseas. I can understand
 some owners here having sentimental attachments which
 are nurtured by paying "lots of money" to the MSSC. I
 respect that. But it is not a "money-value" decision.

Normally one wants to pay less and get more. We could
 do a lot with a little here.

We should not reinvent the MSSC here. We should simply
ask ourselves at this point whether we like the
on-going interaction we have all created here on the
 internet, and do we want to expand it, coordinate it,
 involve the clubs in it and have more fun. So far it
 costs nothing.

Alternatively, we can pay the 70$ and wait by the mail
 box for our next issue of Miscellany from England.

OR we can support both AND STILL have the right to
accept Bob Nogueira's beer bets.

LMG