Re: That insulating stuff....

To: " LMG@GoMoG" <gomog@angelfire.com>
Subject: Re: That insulating stuff....
From: toad <toad@storm.ca>
Date: Sat, 07 Aug 1999 20:29:57 -0400
LMG@GoMoG wrote:

> ---
> LMG
> GoMoG at
> http://www.angelfire.com/mi/GoMoG/
>
> Have you tried going word-searching this Mail List's archives (The Morgan
>Newswire)?
>
> You should find the message thread you are looking for
>  there..if memory serves it was foil matting made or
>  purchased from J C Whitney.
>
> LMG
>
> On Sat, 7 Aug 1999 13:59:03    LSelz wrote:
> Forgive me for cluttering up the netwaves with
> something we already done, but my Email
>  file-cleaner-upper is set for 30 days and I didn't
>  save the old messages.  I've been trying to describe
>  to NAPA, AutoExtra, Federated, and all those guys
> about the thin insulating material that you can put on
>  your firewall, transmission tunnel, etc to keep the
>  heat out of the cockpit....they can find "Dynamat" but
>  thats dark stuff described only as a sound deadener in
>  the catalog.  Can someone help me one more time with
>  the trade name of the aluminized-looking, padded
>  texture sort of stuff that several people described
>  using?  If I can get a source, I'll E-order it right
>  away.  If I get a name, at least I can go noting ...Thanks!!!
>
> Lannis
>
> Angelfire for your free web-based e-mail. http://www.angelfire.com

Brethren
The material you are looking for is similar to the thin wall insulating
material Lee Valley Tools in Ottawa, Toronto and Vancouver sells.  The
material I use in my Plus 4
I did obtain from a building supply house and all I asked for was duct
insulation. It has tin foil on both sides and plastic bubble pack inside
and is no thicker than 1/4 inch.  Works great!
Someone recently asked.
How hot is it?  It is not hot at all because I have thinsulate.

Toad

'59 plus 4
'57 Plus 4
and Angus the Old Lad ('33 Super Sport.  New frame from UK come this
September and before the first snow the roads around Riverbend will ring
from his twin exhausts.)