Re: Re: An Alternative to Electric Fan?

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re: An Alternative to Electric Fan?
From: jpavone@vanstar.com
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 06:15:37 -0700
I am in the process of removing an aftermarket 13 " FLEX FAN from my 4/4 in
favor of an electric fan. After about 2K miles the water pump started to
weep antifreeze and the pump bearing developed some play. I attributed this
to the size and weight of the FLEX FAN. It was also very noisy at speed.
However, it did a great job at keeping the temp down
(180 degrees F) in any weather and driving condition. I hope the electric
will work as well.  I've made some inquiries regarding the original plastic
fan and was told to check the junkyards!    Good Luck!

Regards,
John