Cap strips

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Cap strips
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 19:14:41 -0400
I must be loosing my mind.  I though I read several pieces of mail on the
list lately about how people were treating the undersides of the AL. cap
strips that cover the seams on the rear deck.

I searched my Morgan email and only saw one comment by Bob about using a
3M product.  I thought there were a lot more than 1 email on the subject.

So then I thought I remembered reading about at least 2 search engines to
allow us to search the email archives.  I found a reference to 1 of the
engines:  lq.corenetworks.com/goto/morgans

I tried searching that for info on the cap strips by: cap strips, rear deck
and didn't see much in the way of info on sealing the seams before installing
them.

Then I searched for archives and search to try and find the info on
the search engines.  Didn't really find much on that either.

It's been a long day, I'm tired.  I've been at my dad's all day (about 9
hrs) working on the Morgan, and I'm either loosing my mind or I'm
halousanting
(sp).

Any body remember what was said about sealing the cap strips and anyone
have info on the search engines to search the Morgan mailing list?

One last question.  I don't remember the seams at the front or rear of
the quarter panels (under the doors or on the rear fender arch) being
sealed, or filled.  As I remember my car, these the panels were simply
slid together and then painted.  So the seam is very visable.

TIA

John

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V (B1109)
71 Saab Sonett III (71500840)    75 Bricklin SV1 (0887)    77 Spitfire

Morgan: www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin: webus80.wang.com/BI (new adderss)