New Cars, C&D etc

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Cars, C&D etc
From: "Stuart J. Ross" <stuross@nac.net>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 23:42:13 -0400
I have not read either article yet, but I have read too many
items about this on the list. It seems to me that the laws
of business/capitalism/supply&demand,etc will be the ultimate
arbiter of the new Morgan whatever it turns out to be. Enzo
Ferrari didn't want rear engined cars (Does the horse push the cart?)
but many of the most successful cars from Marinelo were rear
engined. If Charles wants a new design, it's his company and his
name on the car. if the public buys them, he wins. if not.........
I love my 63 +4. I can't afford a new Moggie, but I am happy to see them
being bought
by enthusiasts. Do we really expect that this anacronism of an automobile
will or should last forever just to satisfy out desire for "the good old
days"?
Besides, a new model will make the value of the traditional cars appreciate.
Maybe our grandchildren will be able to sell them when we leave them in our
wills.
Anyhow, I am off to drive the +4 through Pennsylvania on the MOPS "Moggie
Miglia"
a true test of man (&woman) and machine. Stop "kvetching", keep driving, and
let Charles & Co. deal with the business end of the cars.