RE: Chassis

To: "'RCooperman@aol.com'" <RCooperman@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Chassis
From: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 22:09:55 -0400
Richard,

My '52 +4 suffers from the same malady as Ed's.  I noticed that there was
more flex in the chassis that I thought there ought to be when I jacked up
one end, years ago.  I always thought that the cure was to replace the
chassis and am (happily) surprised to read that welding fixes things.  Where
was yours cracked? Was there any rust? Did you have to remove bits and
pieces (I'm always afraid that welding may cause a fire).

Thanks,

Chuck Vandergraaf
Pinawa, MB