Re: Avon 5.25 tire pressure

To: "Jeff Webster" <carfindr@tiac.net>, <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Avon 5.25 tire pressure
From: Jane McDaid <Murphys@ziplink.net>
Date: Sun, 09 May 1999 22:30:38 -0400
Jeff,

Sometimes it might be beneficial to keep those Avon tires overinflated,
just for lower rolling resistance. For instance, if the P.O. attached the
battery ground strap to the rear axle housing instead of the frame, one
might experience such low cranking power that it was easier to start it via
the time honored push down the road, jump in and pop the clutch in second
gear. That's the way my car came. Real easy to push with 35psi! Now it
cranks much better with the battery properly grounded and an extra ground
strap from the starter directly to the frame. Don't trust the one around
the engine mount.

It's terrific to watch a newbie acquire the wisdom of the collective MOG.
I've had a ton of useful help from this group.

Jerry Murphy
'67 +4 6676