Re: RE: moss box

To: apicciotto@nvusd.k12.ca.us, Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RE: moss box
From: TrmpetDave@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 23:25:26 EDT
In a message dated 4/22/99 1:27:01 PM, apicciotto@nvusd.k12.ca.us writes:

<<Will,
When I first got my +4 some years back, I had the same problem shifting into
second from first.  A change to Red Line MTL solved it.  The Moss box (at
least mine) is very particular about the oil you use.  You will, of course,
still have to double clutch from third to second.  I don't get the whine in
first.>>
In my Moss-box-equiped '71 +8, I have always had a nice classic whine in
first, and not much (no) synchro in 2nd, and more recently a tendency to slip
out of reverse (weak springs?) which I remedy with a firm push on the gear
lever whilst reversing. I have lately been using synthetic Castrol 90W gear
oil, which doesn't produce any noticeable improvement over the generic gear
oil I used formerly. Dave Collins, San Diego.