RE: Sill covers & Lucas

To: "Morgan Mail List" <morgans@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Sill covers & Lucas
From: "Gary" <garc@iinet.net.au>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 23:04:16 +0800
Re: cleaning contacts.  From my model railway interests, the best cleaner is
a 10% solution of phosphoric acid which is used as a cleaner/flux for
soldering.  If you wash it off with water and let it dry then it should
provide a perfect surface for your Dielectric Compound.  I'd guess the best
source are electronics shops or hobby shops.

Cheers
Gary Arcus
Western Australia
1954 +4

> Bob Nogueira wrote:
>
> >Regarding the Lucas Issue, the use of Motorcraft (yes Will,  a Ford
> product)
> >Dielectric Compound (grease) on all connections, bulbs and fuses has
> >prevented corrosion and the resulting blackouts.
>
> To continue this thought for a second.  As anyone come up with a
> good way to
> Clean old dirty contacts before applying the dielectric compound.
[snip]