Re: HandBrake & Speedo cable routing etc.

To: "Jeff Webster" <carfindr@tiac.net>,
Subject: Re: HandBrake & Speedo cable routing etc.
From: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1999 21:08:49 -0700
Dear Jeff,
    All of the hand brake cables are the same length.  The cable should be
routed over the crossmember at the back of the trans. but UNDER the left
trans. mount leg.  Ie between the body of the trans. and the end of the
mount ear.  The calbe should then be plenty long .
     The brake shoes are pulled off by the shoe return springs that are
inside the brake drum when the hand brake is released.  There is  no other
return spring nor is one necessary.
    There is supposed to be one cable clamp that holds the cable to the left
battery floor as it comes out of the drive shaft tunnel and before it
reaches the attachment on the rear axil.  The cable passes over all the
crossmembers.
                                                                    Regards,
Greg Solow