Re: $70,000 Morgans

To: Morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: $70,000 Morgans
From: "Michael D. Miles, PE" <mdmiles@home.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 08:45:15 -0800
Remember that we have Peter and Charles to thank for trying to keep a
lid on the prices at the factory.  In this day and age where classic
marques are being resurrected and supercars are priced into the
stratosphere, I'm glad the Morgan family has tried to provide a
tradition of sport and enthusiasm at a modest price.  Imagine what the
US prices would be if our government did not require the
federalization processes that Cantab and ISIS handle for us.

At this point, I doubt if I would choose a brand new Plus 8 anymore
but rather opt for restoring/updating a mid-70s Plus 8 with a 5
speed.  The result would be the earlier traditional lines with plenty
of go and still 'relatively' straightforward to work on.

--
"Entropy Happens!"
Michael D. Miles, PE  Consulting Design Engineer