Re: Fw: Poor quality reproduction parts

To: FPS3@aol.com, gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com, triumphs@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Fw: Poor quality reproduction parts
From: LSelz@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 17:29:03 EST
Fred: in re: "...wouldn't sell it to me because it was going on a Morgan..."

I have to play tricks with that all the time. If I even say 'Morgan', their
eyes go blank, they lose interest, close the parts book and ignore me.  If I'm
at NAPA, I say "It's for a 1971 Pinto with the 1600cc engine" (4/4 of course).
If I'm calling England, I say "the 1.6 liter Kent engine".  Some understand it
as the Cortina engine.  Heaven help you if you say the wrong one first,
because their ears close and they won't even listen to the right one after
that.   Y2K won't help; even the grubby junkyards operating out of a greasy
black book are the same way.  Why is it............????

                                Lannis