Re: Hibernia Auto Restoration in NJ

To: Morgan64P4@aol.com
Subject: Re: Hibernia Auto Restoration in NJ
From: Art Hart <arthart@bell-labs.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 13:51:13 -0500
Walter,

Hibernia Auto Restorations doesn't have a sterling reputation with the local
pre-1916 early car collectors.  Despite their advertising, their real
expertise is with '30s Packards which is what they used to specialize in.
Even so they have a reputation for being more expensive than some of the other
shops.  However, in their defense, restoration is expensive and if you have
done any restoration work yourself and kept track of your time you will be
amazed at what the cost would be when you assign a restoration shop's hourly
rate to the hours you have spent.  Many times it can take the shop as much
time as it does for you to do it even though they are professionals.  That is
why I have always felt that if you have to take your car to a restoration shop
you should try to take it to one that specializes in the make that you have or
has at least restored several like it so hopefully they can avoid mistakes and
save time and money from their experience.

Art Hart
Chester, NJ
'64 +4