NASA Technology

To: MORGANS@autox.team.net
Subject: NASA Technology
From: Chas Wasser <ohmog@fuse.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 18:29:29 -0500
Hey Group -

Saw Bob's comment the other day and can shed a little infomation on this
topic.

My neighbor left GE Jet Engine Division to start his own space
technology company which vends space age liquid plastic compounds.

One day he and I were talking about the challenges of insulating engine
bay heat from the passenger cockpits of Morgans.  The good news is that
his company can supply such coatings as used by NASA on the space
shuttles.
It too can have blow torch heat applied to one side while the other is
safe to touch with bare fingers.

The bad news is be prepared to pay NASA pricing!  That is, this material
costs in the neighbor hood of $3000 per gallon.

How can we justify $3000 per gallon.  I know that our wives would be
happier when the soles of their shoes don't melt to the floorboards
during long summer drives but I don't think they'd like the damage to
our bank balances!

Chas Wasser
OH MOG