Mirrors (cont.)

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Mirrors (cont.)
From: "David P. Crandall" <davidc@netwrk.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 09:45:47 -0500
As previously noted, the sliding mirror is one solution.  The "official"
Michael Kalf mirror is advertised in the current Miscellany from Simmonds
[simmonds@starterpack.co.uk or www.starterpack.co.uk/morgan], no price
noted.  Melvyn Rutter also offers one for 44.75 British pounds
[melvyn@rutter.clara.net or www.rutter.clara.net], also stainless.  I know
nothing about the comparative quality of either, but having been to
Michael's home workshop in the Netherlands I'll bet it's top shelf.  When
he was advertising them directly they were more pricey than Melvyn's
current price, as I recall, but he may have been doing them as one-offs.

In any case, none of the solutions so far proposed get me out of my jam for
sure.  Has anyone used the sliding mirror on a drophead?  I'm really not
that thrilled w/ the stick-on mirror but would like to eliminate
unnecessary drilling.  Even the MG solution that I have on my 4/4 makes me
queasy on the coupe.  Suggestions?

David Crandall  66 4/4, 63 DHC, 66 Volvo 122S
Rowley Massachusetts