Tubular rear shocks and Negative Camber Plates

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tubular rear shocks and Negative Camber Plates
From: Bob Tescione <mogman@rpa.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 14:38:07 -0500
Fellow Morganeers:

I think I may have mentioned this in a previous posting, but never saw
much follow up on it. Im considering replacing the lever arm shocks at
the rear of my Mog with a tubular shock conversion. The car is only
driven on the street (and not even that lately).

Is there any reason (other than originality) that I should not consider
this?

Is the tubular support design that is offered inherently stronger than
the lesser expensive and simpler bracketing made of angle irons?

What is the number of the Koni shock that is offered for that rear
Morgan application. It seems I should be able to buy it in the US with
out having to pay for importation to the UK first.

Any of you who have already done this conversion-Do you like it?

Another similar suspension topic:
Do the zero or negative camber conversions for the front of the Morgan
offer any advantage for street driving?

Thanks for your help and comments.

Bob Tescione
mogman@rpa.net