Re: Morgan +8 For Sale

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Morgan +8 For Sale
From: Steve Moore <steve.moore@cnetns.tcp.csiro.au>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 08:36:15 +1000
OK, OK. I forgot about the new Plus 8s with wire wheels. We don't see many
of the newer cars here in Oz. Dealer markups make the prices ridiculous.
The result is that my mindset is well and truley focused on the 70's rather
than the 90's (when it comes to Morgans at least).

This however raises a point. How strong are these new wheels and how prone
to going out of true. Anyone owning an older car with wires is well aware
of the problems these wheels can present. The new design seems different to
the older style wheels in that all the spokes meet in the same plane on the
rim. Does this result in the rim flexing?

I really like the idea of alloy wheels that would fit on the centre lock
(Rudge) hubs. Would the new 16" alloys fit onto the hubs on an older (70s)
car?

Cheers

Steve

Please Note new Phone and Fax numbers