1979 PLUS 8 (SD1) Engine color???

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 1979 PLUS 8 (SD1) Engine color???
From: Naoz@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 22:26:58 EDT
Does anyone know what the original factory finish is for the SD1 engine ('79
Plus 8)?

My car's engine is painted all (everything!!!) black (by the previous ignorant
owner). I am removing the black paint with engine cleaner and high pressure
water. The layer under the black is "primer" gray. Is looks like powder
coating to me. Is this original Morgan finish? The intake manifold, valve
covers, air intake bellows and air intake tubes are all finished with this
gray stuff. I would like to make it all aluminum finish. What is the correct
factory finish? Any one with knowledge of this please reply.

Mike Nahar
Miami, FL