Re: Horn location on a 1959-60 Plus Four

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Horn location on a 1959-60 Plus Four
From: Arlin Robins <arlin@slip.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 1998 20:58:53 -0700
Arlin Robins wrote:

> Wildbil923@aol.com wrote:
> >
> > I'm completing the restoration of a '59-'60 Plus 4.  It's got a new chassis
> > and lots of repair work on the fire wall, including the filling of several
> > holes.  There are no holes in the chassis except those I've drilled myself
> > fit various items.  Where should the horn be located?  One chap I talked to
> > said it should go on the top of the fire wall just behind the cylinder head.
> > His Mog had a boat horn on it (of all things), so it was not a good example
> > copy.  My Mog is equipped with the older style horn that is larger than the
> > later models.  Does it go down on the chassis cross member behind the
>starter?
> > Thanks for any and all input.

 Bill,
         On my '61 Plus 4, the horn is on the right (passenger
side)chassis rail
 just in front of the firewall. This is a wonderful location providing
 liberal autolubrication and quaint acoustics. The sound is charmingly
 appropriate and wholly inadequate for any message other than a polite
 "Cheerio." Except for those moments of fear or anger, this subdued beep
 is perfect for the much more common tonneau zipper slips and
 "What-does-this-button-do?" Q & A sessions.

         I'm thinking of mounting some supplemental airhorms with a
concealed
 switch under the dash. But I'd probably get killed fumbling for it.

         With a hearty "Cheerio, Silver!"

 Michael Jhon