+8 radiator hose problem

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: +8 radiator hose problem
From: Gary Kneisley <kneisley@ohio.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 1998 20:13:12 -0400

During spring preparation on my 3.9 liter +8, vintage 1991, I discovered the
lower radiator hose had been resting against a steering assembly mounting
causing a wear spot in the hose, which has now resulted in a small hole and
the beginning of some loss of coolant.  This is not something one might
notice until the green fluid starts pooling on the garage floor, or steam
comes billowing out from the bonnet. Thought I'd pass the alert along for
the benefit of other +8 owners.

I'd be curious to know if this is the standard method of installing the
hose, or if my car is unique in its assembly.   The hose has a metal shield
installed just a couple of inches away from this point to protect it from a
wayward fan belt.  I think I'll build another like shield for the new hose.

Happy Easter!

Gary
Grafton, Oh
1991 +8