Re: 1968

To: "aMORGANS@autox.team.net" <Morgans@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: Re: 1968
From: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 98 23:16:37 -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

JD:
    What Will says is true, but for Morgan, I believe in 1968  they also
stopped importing them to the USA.  Its' reported that Peter said something
to the effect,
" I don't tell them how to run a Government, I don't expect them to tell me
how to build cars. "
 By 1971 the car was able to be imported again but Morgan had no actual US
agents.
In 1973 the car again did not meet US standards and could not be imported.
!974 saw Bill Fink  of Isis Imports  under take a feat which no one had
attempted  with any car to that point, as an individual he not only modified
the Morgan to meet US standards  but was required to do everything that Ford
 and GM was required do for the tests.
 One of the stories I have heard which has been attributed to Bill  ( may or
may not be true) :
  The test for side impact on the doors required that a steel ball at the
end of a pendulum be swung into the door at a set height and the door not
deflect in more than a  certain amount. In discussing  the test and standard
with a bureaucrat  Bill noted that if the door was cut down another inch or
two the ball would totally miss the door.    The bureaucrat responded " Oh
that will be fine if you want to do it that way , just  as long as the door
doesn't move."

Ah but I digress, but then then don't I always

Bob Nogueira

PS: everything after 1967 is really a Plus 4 replica

> Date: Wednesday, 25-Feb-98 07:44 AM
>
> From: J.D. Welch               \ Internet:    (jdwelch@datawing.com)
> To:   MORGANS                  \ Internet:    (morgans@autox.team.net)
>
> Subject: 1968
>
> Greetings, Ladies and Gentlemen.
>
> I've seen mention of "pre-68" and "post-68" in discussions of Morgans.
What is