Re: Newbie Needs Insights and Encouragements

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Newbie Needs Insights and Encouragements
From: CobMeister@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 12:46:26 EST
Hey JD,

You've heard that "if ya gotta ask what it costs, ya can't afford it?"  Well,
if ya can debate buying a Mog of any description, "ya don't need it."

Us folks who buy these cars and enjoy them, LUST after them!  Some of us lust
after them for years before we finally step up with the bucks.

More than any other car, owning Mogs is about driving Mogs... If you have
NEEDED one since you were 16, then you probably should buy a mid-sixties Plus
4 which is, I believe, the most forgiving sports car ever built.  Unless, of
course, you really are made of money, in which case you probably ought to get
a '98 Plus 8 and let somebody else maintain it.

If you have not NEEDED a Mog for years now and are just buying an entry level
sports car "because they are kinda cool," then try a TR or something like that
which you can get for a third the bucks (oops! forgot that you are wealthy
now!) and which will make you smile without have to "put up with" the Mog's
idiosyncrasies, which, believe me they have plenty of.

Seems to me that Scott also has a mid-sixties Goat or a 442 ragtop in his
garage...  You would likely be a whole lot happier with that than with his
Plus 8, let alone the basket case Plus 4 he has in the other garage.
Actually, you would probably get as much enjoyment out of his tractor,
considering the neck of the woods where you live.

Colin Cobb, Las Cruces, NM
'66 Plus 4 & '65 Tiger MK1