needle in a haystack

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: needle in a haystack
From: FPS3 <FPS3@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 17:11:52 EST
By the by- you don't need to go nuts over this. As I said, I have "tuned" SU's
for 40 years and my cars ran just fine for me.

However- it can be quite rewarding. My little 100E engine in the trike really
came alive with a bit of needle work. I could really feel the difference. When
I changed headers- the analizer showed that the mixture changed quite a bit
because of a better exhaust- more needle searching.

Probably more than anything- it is the peace of mind factor that appeals to
me. I have a lot of time/money in the engine and I like knowing that I am not
abusing it's innards with a horribly incorrect mixture.

"Ignorance is bliss" and "a little knowledge is a dangerious thing" are two
expressions that I really understand these days.

fps111