Re: 1960 Morgan Engine

To: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Subject: Re: 1960 Morgan Engine
From: Jeremy Edwards <jeremy@jmemee.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 20:37:20 +0000
In message <3.0.32.19971126080727.007a04c0@rwja.umdnj.edu>, William
Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU> writes
>The 4/4 didn't come with the "moss" box; only the +4 had that tranny.  I'm
>not sure what the official designation is for the tranny in the 4/4 but I
>suspect it is a ford item.  Any one know for sure?  Fred?  John?  Bob?
>(doop! forget that guy!)

A series I 4-4 could have a Meadows or a Moss box, depending on whether
it was made before or after 1938. Not to many of these in the USA, so
I'm not sure how relevant this is!

4/4 Series II-V had various Ford gearboxes, the Series II a three speed
box, the III & IV four speed boxes, the series V, a similar four speed
box with a wooler remote shifter as an option. The last series V car had
a Lotus Cortina box. 4/4 1600s could have 2000E box, a Lotus Cortina Box
or a 1600GT box or a 5 speed from the Capri or Sierra.

(Information from tripping over it in the garage, "Original Morgan" and
"Completely Morgan").

--
Jeremy Edwards
1972 Morgan 4/4