Background Info on Mog Plus 4 #4095

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Background Info on Mog Plus 4 #4095
From: Wildbil923 <Wildbil923@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 1997 01:55:59 EST
Yesterday, I dispatched a letter to the Morgan factory asking for any info
they may have on file for my car.  As I sent the letter, it struck me that
some local Morgan enthusiasts might know a thing or two abou this car.  It's
got some distinctive characteristics that might make it memorable to some.

It's chassis # is 4095, which makes it a 1958.  It's a Plus 4 two seat
roadster which has probably spent most, if not all its life in California, as
the sole surviving license plate is a black California plate, with a thick
stack of stickers ending with a 1981 registration.  The license number is HCC
319.   There are tell-tale signs it might have been raced.  From the holes
drilled in the cowel, it looks like a racing aero screen was attached at one
time, along with a racing mirror.  AThe ghost of a small number (45) has
started to appear in the surface rust penetrating the primer coat on the right
side of the rear deck.  The chrome bumpers have been replaced with black
pipes,  bent to angle in toward the car at both ends.  On the windscreen is a
decal from the Orange County Sports Car Club, and a CHP roadside inspection
sticker from 1977.  The right side bonnet had a custom made scoop added to it
to allow the fitting of air cleaners.  (No it's not a Supersports; the scoop
is not the right shape.)  Oh, and one more thing.  Someone, at some point in
its history, fitted disk brakes from a TR-3 on it.

Does this Mog sound familiar to anyone?  If so, please tell me what you know
about her.