Re: Vintage list

To: "Will Goodman (E-mail)" <wdgoodman@webworldinc.com>,
Subject: Re: Vintage list
From: Ray Rudzki <ray@millicom.clara.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 13:35:25 -0000
Melvyn Rutter Morgan Emporium News Letter

Greeting fellow Morgan Enthusiasts from the borders of Hertfordshire & =
Essex (Little Hallingbury)

This Months Tech Tip-

Hydroscopic Fluid - Cars with cast Iron Wheel Cylinders

Brake fluid to the general run of the mill folks - Did you know that it =
wears out - 3 years of 36,000 miles - due to the high water content of =
modern brake fluids, the brake fluid becomes corrosive as it wears out. =
If you change your brake fluid on a regular basis there should be no =
need to replace master, clutch & wheel cylinders - though they may =
require new seals from time to time. We have an electronic gadget that =
dips in the master and slave cylinder, checking the water content. If =
you are passing the garage - we do this test free of charge, if you are =
overseas - your local garage should have the same kit.

In excess of 50% of the vehicles that come through our workshop need the =
brake & clutch fluid changing.

With Mogs - not doing a million miles a year - we suggest changing at =
least every 2 years.

Standing for long periods of time - the brake fluid doesn't separate, =
but all the debris (rubber dust & metal particles) in the fluid settles =
and ends up in the wheel cylinders - causing the seals to leak.

Greedy Grapes & Cranmog

Firstly - this month, Morgan Cheese and Wine gathering on Sunday the =
30th we expect Mogs all over the place (as usual). Getting started at =
around 11.30 until 2pm at The Morgan Garage, I'm sure that there will be =
a few sights to see and a crowd of old friends getting to together. The =
format is the same as last year - bring a bottle of wine (at least), try =
to get accompanied by a tea total co-pilot or even book a hotel room if =
you must.
If you're in the UK and South for the weekend, all Morgan folk invited. =
For the poor folks overseas - we'll have a tipple & nibble for you. =
Nibbles supplied by CranMog.
If you have an event you would like to publicise drop me a line.

Web Addresses

After what may have been a little sabotage - our DNS Entry altered and =
made unavailable for a while, mainly towards the US.
We have added a few mirror sites - so if you can't access one, there =
will always be another available. As follows:
http://www.millicom.net/morgan/opener.htm
http://www.millicom.co.uk/morgan/opener.htm
http://www.pcdeal.com/morgan.opener.htm

Email Addresses as follows:
Melvyn@millicom.clara.net
Ray@millicom.clara.net
Morgan@pcdeal.com
M.rutter@amv.co.uk

Parts Listing on the Web
Quite a few folks have successfully downloaded the Excel spread sheet - =
or so we see by the stats. If there are any other formats you require =
please let me know. ray@millicom.clara.net

Morgan Parts from the UK

It is still more economical to purchase your Morgan parts from UK =
suppliers - try us first !

New Car Stock on the Web Site
Fully changed car list -=20
http://www.pcdeal.com/sales.htm

Car Toons Book
Terry Quirk's Morgan Car Toon book is selling well as Christmas =
approaches, if your thinking of a different type of Christmas gift - now =
is the time to order. Can be viewed on the website.

The extension to the Emporium is well under way, for those of you that =
know the garage - the extension gives the front showroom a second story. =
Will publish photos when it's completed.

We are about to publish a list of Morgans for Film & Promotional Hire - =
if you would like to be included please drop me a line.

Economical - Affordable MogHire in the UK
If the response is good enough, we may offer Mogs for hire from Little =
Halingbury next year. This was invoked by one American Mogger (no names =
we don't want to promote ridicule)  having to hire an MG (sacrilege)  to =
tour the UK and visit the factory. Comments please!

Email
Due to a server crash we lost our up to date email list, not such a =
hardship as we had a backup. However there was one chap who wanted to be =
excluded from our mail list due to no longer having a Mog. Please could =
you mail me again on receiving this news letter. If you receive more =
than on copy of this news letter please let me know which mail address =
to delete.

Embroidered Badges back in stock - Morgan Word & Logo Patch

Halmog - In the next few weeks, we will have a little more info from the =
guys organising the event - also a list of the Halmog regalia available.

Clubspot
More new info on club page. If you want a link adding mail us.

WebSearch Page

Guestbook

Side Screen / rubber Fetish
If you are still looking for side screen rubber extrusion and you have =
alloy frames - please contact Melvyn.