Re: Re:Noise, Name and road trip

To: "Charles A Harris" <harris_simmons@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Re:Noise, Name and road trip
From: "Stephen F. Bauserman" <sbauserm@actsnet.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 1997 23:54:59 -0600
Chuck:

Thanks for the thoughts on the noise.  I found the problem.  I pulled the
shelf out of the boot and found a shiny ring on the drive shaft and that the
drive shaft was not centered in the hole through the bulkhead.  This lead to
a moment of terror.  I thought I had another bent shaft. So, I pulled the
bulkhead out and checked the shaft.  The shaft and transmission mount are
fine.  Turns out the hole in the bulkhead is off center.  Nothing a sabre
saw will not cure.  Its nice to have a simple issue to deal with once in a
while.  One day I will learn not to expect the worst.

I talked with Kathy Hoffman this evening about the trip.  We have MOGMOG
meeting tomorrow afternoon to talk about events for next year.  She likes
the idea of a road trip.

Sorry about the mixup on Celtic and New Age.  I stand corrected and
educated.

Steve Bauserman
67 Morgan 4/4 Series V Competition
83 Mercedes 300SD