SLR Morgan

To: "'Morgans'" <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: SLR Morgan
From: "Vodden, Dave" <Dave.Vodden@Telematics.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 97 09:23:00 PDT
Tony McLaughlin in his response to the thread for Will refers to an SLR
Morgan at Isis Imports in California.  I am aware of one other now in
running order.  This one was revived  by Tony Howard in his small Garage in
Mortimer, Berkshire in the UK with a view to getting it into the Historic
race programme here.  The Car has some recent association with Chris
Lawrence who was one of the group responsible for its original construction.
 After at least 10 years unused and some trouble with the gearbox it was
back on the track at Castle Coombe a few weeks ago on a wet and very
slippery day.

I think I read somewhere (probably John Worrals book)  that the third car
was totalled at some stage.

Chris Lawrence  is now back in Morgan racing and responsible for the Factory
race programme and their FIA GT entry.

Dave Vodden
1992 Plus 4 4 Seater
Hampshire UK.