keeping Will happy

To: "'morgans@Autox.Team.Net'" <morgans@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: keeping Will happy
From: "Vandergraaf, Chuck" <vandergraaft@aecl.ca>
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 09:44:37 -0400

"I guess this will be different, all of the responses I have seen so far
have been from the USA- I am in the UK, with the advantages this gives
of getting an LBC."

Beg to differ, Jeremy, at least two of the responses (Fred Birkbeck and
mine) came from fellow Commonwealth countries (Australia and Canada).
But you are correct, living in the UK does have certain advantages, such
as being able to toodle up to (or down to) Malvern Links.

Which reminds me of my visit (pilgrimage?) to the Morgan Works in the
summer of 1995.  It was a most memorable visit: saw a the cars being
constructed, had my picture taken with Peter Morgan, and stood within
five feet of the fellow graduate student in our research group at Penn
State back in the mid '60's who was most adamant in seeing the '52 +4
(see my previous story) find a proper home/master.  Hadn't seen him
since 1968 when he moved via Philadelphia to Columbus, Ohio; I didn't
recognize him; he didn't recognize me!  It wasn't around the following
annual exchange of Christmas cards that we discovered that we had
visited the Morgan Works on the same day and at the same time!  Ah, the
ravages of time!

Chuck Vandergraaf
'52 +4, P.2473/V.345.ME
'87 Olds Custom Cruiser