High Tension Tracking on the coil

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: High Tension Tracking on the coil
From: Jeremy Edwards <jeremy@jmemee.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 22:32:39 +0000
I am seeking advice with regards to my 1972 Morgan 4/4, which has a
misfire at more than 4000 rpm.

While at a trimmer in Hinkley, Leicestershire, getting a quote for a new
hood, (roof), I noticed that the king lead from the coil to the
distributor was tracking (arcing) to the low tension terminals. I have
never seen this phenomina before, except on damp distributor caps. Most
of the ignition system is less than a year old and the coil is a high
output Bosch 12v (unballasted), less than 4 months old. The leads are
the supressed silicone type.

Is this sort of lead likely to promote arcing at the coil, (excessive
resistance say)?

Does anyone have a cheap cure?

TIA
--