Re: Morgan Hint and Question

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Morgan Hint and Question
From: "L.D. McLaughlin, Jr." <ldmcjr@datasync.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 1996 20:17:36 -0500
> At 08:49 AM 10/10/96 -0500, BOB   NOGUEIRA wrote:
> >-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #2.5.1 ] --
> >
> > Question: Does anyone know of a source for the rubber cup on the
> > "lick and stick " rear view mirror used on 60's Morgans?

I've been looking for the past two years for a decent mirror - I have a
great one that I purchased from Villam back 15 years ago, but they've gone
out of business... If you get one try to get a 5 - 7 inch one, as the
standard American ones are 10 inches and dwarf the windshield so you can't
see out the front...

The factory has one for sale at 3.50 pounds, and Holden Vintage and Classic
Ltd. in England has one for sale for around 3.95 pounds. I agree with
buying one that glues on, though, as the suction cap only lasts for a few
years... Let us hear what you come up with!

By the way, there's an adaptor to make a sliding rod mount for a Morgan
that was in a letter about a year ago, if you want to scan the archives...
It was expensive - about 70-80 pounds...

Tony McLaughlin