Mounting steering box

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Mounting steering box
From: pdburket@intrepid.net (David & Pat)
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 23:11:56 -0400
Hi out there in Morgan Land,

At present my most vexing Plus 4 rebuild problem is the proper mounting of
my steering box.
I have a new chassis and front frame and my old rebuilt steering box.  I
also have my old chassis for reference.  I have traced a paper template of
the two mounting surfaces of the steering box.  My problem at the moment
is; (1) trying to align the steering box's mounting holes with the aid of
c-clamps to check for correct alignment with template.  (2) proper
alignment of the steering shaft with the opening in the bulkhead, and (3)
making sure the pitman arm has sufficent room to move freely within the
front frame.

I hope someone out there has had experience mounting a steering box.  I
mounted the front frame 3 times before I got it right and I would like to
avoid that kind of experience no matter how much character it builds.

Morganphile dittos,

David