Re: (Fwd) Re: New Morganeer

To: st005663@stonebow.otago.ac.nz
Subject: Re: (Fwd) Re: New Morganeer
From: Jeremy Edwards <jeremy@jmemee.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 1996 21:13:14 +0100
In message <199606152200.KAA03518@galadriel.otago.ac.nz>,
st005663@stonebow.otago.ac.nz writes
>I am a new subscriber and recent owner/caretaker of a restored 1939
>4-4, chasis #803.  It was registered in the UK as FLJ893 and appears,
>to my delight, on the rear cover of the Brooklands Gold Portfolio,
>Morgan Four-4 and Plus-4, 1936-1969.  I hope some of you can give me
>its UK history and former owners.  What I know:
>     Left factory for an agent in March 1939 with a Coventry Climax
>1098 cc 'competition' engine.  Apparently first registered on the
>road in 1941.
>     Apparently found in a barn in Kent and restoration completed in
>1979.  By whom?  Restoration brought her up to Series V mechanical
>specs. (1500cc Cortina GT blueprinted engine and drive-train, disk
>brakes).
>     Brought to New Zealand by the immediate past owner in 1984.
>
>She's a particularily solid and fine performer (terrific acceleration
>and handling) in pristine condition throughout, which I named
>Prudence in honor of Prudence Fawcett.
>
>Any help with her history will be gratefully received.
>
>Cheers
>
>Raymond E Siatkowski, KCStS, BEE, DMD
>Senior Lecturer, Department of Orthodontics
>University of Otago
>P.O. Box 647
>Dunedin, New Zealand
>
>Tel: 64-3-479-7068
>Fax: 64-3-479-0673
>
>e-mail: RAY.SIAT@STONEBOW.OTAGO.AC.NZ

I'm going to a Morgan "Noggin" on Wednesday with the Donnington group,
"DONMOG" at which will probably be the Registrar, Christine Healey and
her husband. The MSCC has a register of all the memberships cars and ex-
cars, so hopefully, if the car was owned by a member of the MSCC, I may
be able to dig some history out that way. If there is any problem with
sending any information to you direct, the Data Protection Act makes
club registrars a little nervous, I'll ask Chris to suggest the most
effective way of proceeding.

Progress report to be mailed Thursday, hopefully.
--
Jeremy Edwards
1972 Morgan 4/4 2 str