Re: Air Filters

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Air Filters
From: blyarb@cs1.presby.edu (Bill Yarborough)
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 1995 13:41:10 -0500
Dave -

I've had my '61 +4 since 1978, and has been a *driver* for most of that
time.  It has the TR3 engine, also with no run for air filters.  That
bothered me alot initally, 'cause I never had seen or heard of a car w/o
them.  However, with good maintenance and a lot of luck, I've never had any
problem that I can trace to this "uniqueness".  The car is nearing the end
of a complete frame-up rebuild right now, including having torn the engine
down, and it shown very little signs of wear - certainly nothing unusual.

My advice ...  drive it, enjoy it, and act mildly amused at the concerns
others show at its missing air filers.

Bill Yarborough
'61 +4