mini-baja

RE: CVT Comet 790

To: vinayakgarg@gmail.com
Subject: RE: CVT Comet 790
From: "eric hutchenreuther" <emhutchenreuther@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 01:30:12 +0000
The engine side of the CVT tightens up as RPMs increase. The driven side of
the CVT tightens up as the load increases. They balance each other so that
hopefully the belt ratio is optimum.

When we switched to the 790 we had trouble getting it to shift into the
overdrive ratios. I think this is because from the factory it was tuned for
a 2 cycle snowmoblie engine that revs a lot higher than the governed briggs.

Tuning is accomplished by changing the center of gravity and mass of the
weights, changing spring ratios, or changing the angles of the helix.