mini-baja

Re: information

To: isatmb@free.fr, All <mini-baja@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: information
From: Bob Paasch <paasch@engr.orst.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 11:38:19 -0700
No, it is expressly forbidden to change tires or sprockets during the
competition.  On the data sheet you will have to specify the tires
size and brand, and the final drive ratio.  If you are in the top 5
these items will be checked, and if anything has changed you may be
disqualified.

You may change final drive ratios if you have incorporated that
change into the design of the car.  For example, you could have two
sets of sprockets mounted on the car and switch the chain from one
set to the other.   Last year ETS has a two speed transmission that
used selectable gears.

Bob Paasch
Oregon State University