mini-baja

Re: CV Axles

To: Trevor Bezanson <TBEZANSO@dal.ca>
Subject: Re: CV Axles
From: staleyt@pdx.edu
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 12:15:28 -0800
Trevor,
  We have checked into this idea many times.  The problem is the size of the
joints.  The produce a problem with inertia.  The most important point is that
most cars have a long and a short CV axle.  In anycase you will most likely
need to modify the length to make them work.  If I remember right I looked at a
GEO Metro CV and the short side was something like 20", but I am not sure of
that.

Thomas Staley,
Portland State University