mini-baja

Some info about 2004 MB West

To: mini-baja@autox.team.net
Subject: Some info about 2004 MB West
From: susantoa@pdx.edu
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 12:52:24 -0800
Here are some general info for you guys:
- We are only about an hour away from the beaches, so make sure you're ready
to enjoy the ocean
- We are only about an hour away from the mountains to go skiing at, again
make sure you're ready for the competition so maybe you'll have time to enjoy
yourselves
- Ask about parking fees at the hotels.  If you look at the map, you want to
get a hotel near the Columbia River (runs roughly east-west) because they have
a LOT of parking areas and are usually free parking.
- First day events are at the Expo Center, near I-5 Interstate.  Second and
Third day events are several miles east of the Expo Center (East of the I-
205).  The point is, you'll be good either way whether you get a hotel near I-
205 or near I-5.  Also don't discount getting a hotel in Vancouver, just
across the Columbia River.  Might be cheaper.
- Weather is unpredictable.  Sunrise around 6:15am and sunset around 8pm
around those time of year.  Highs around 60 degrees and lows or 44 degrees.
As an average, there will be less than 0.1" of rain for each of the days
(http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/Portland/TM239/PG60.html).
- Currently the track is VERY muddy with CLAY!