mini-baja

Steering Rack and Suspension Forrces

To: mini-baja@autox.team.net
Subject: Steering Rack and Suspension Forrces
From: "Mark Hagedorn" <mark_hagedorn@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 11:42:45 -0800
As far as the steering racks Forcesmake ours.  This isn't that hard to do
with some Boston Rack material and an MSC Industrial catalog.  Generally the
chassis shop doesn't have that good of deals on things even with the
discount they give us.  We generally go straight to the supplier with
anything we purchase, they're usually happy to work with us and give us the
best possible price.

We FEA all of our suspension components once the entire design of the car is
done and assembled in Catia.  You basically have to guess at the load
numbers and force range, but its and educated guess since you know how much
the car weighs, how fast you are traveling, and where it is most likely to
have forces applied.  I will supply numbers to any of you guys who can tell
me specifically what you want.

Mark Hagedorn
Western Washington University
Mini Baja