mini-baja

cost report

To: <mini-baja@autox.team.net>
Subject: cost report
From: "Jason Beech" <jpbeech@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 23:40:16 -0700
Just a question on the cost report process:

In the rules, section 52.2.1, page 55 says:

"Report Section 3 - Cost Documentation .For fabricated pieces a written
shop quote should be
provided."

Do you take this to mean everything that you modify from stock is to be
fab'd on a Form B, and then externally quoted?
(ie.  Every time a rivet hole is drilled, are we supposed to be getting
external price quotes?!?)

Also, how are you pricing out CNC?  And what price goes into the labor
portion of the Form B for CNC?

This is the first year that we have had items CNC'd, so any assistance
would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason Beech
Mechanical Engineering