mgs

[Mgs] Rear shock absorber

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] Rear shock absorber
From: Bert Palte via Mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2020 11:28:08 +0200
Refurbished and refurbished may mean two totally different things.

At a time, I opted for two refurbished shocks, from a well established
supplier in Britain.

The tapered bore was elongated and damaged, the mounting holes were
damaged too.

It could clearly be seen that, at some time in the past, a BFH had been
released on these shocks.

I had similar experiences with refurbished alternators  (two times;
different cars).

It was clear to me that I can do a better job myself (as I did the next
time, actually).

No more refurbished components for me!

Bert

70 MGB