mgs

Re: [MGS] Connecting a Trickle Charger

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [MGS] Connecting a Trickle Charger
From: David Breneman <david_breneman@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 08:34:57 -0700 (PDT)
Well, after driving it about an hour Sunday, I tried starting it
last night after work and the battery is dead again.  It even
lugged a little when I stopped and started it during Sunday's
drive.  This lends credence to Ed's opinion that after 3-1/2
years of intermittent use, the batteries are "at EOL" as we say
in the high tech biz, or "gunnybag" in the vernacular.  :-)
Is it really reasonable to expect less than four years'
life in such an environment?  Would leaving a conditioning
charger connected over the winter help?

I once had a BMW 1800/02-tii whose battery lasted the entire time
I owned it, 11 years.  This must be payback for that!

David Breneman         david_breneman@yahoo.com